Thursday, October 31, 2013

Wedding Gift Baskets


We went to a wedding with the idea I would just got to their wedding registry and assign a gift,  but they chose not to register anywhere.  That meant just putting money into an envelope.

http://www.basketsbyrita.com/Wine-and-Cheese-Gift-Basket_p_134.html
Wine and Cheese Gift Basket

Does anybody else feel a bit strange about that sometimes?  First of all, I'm always second-guessing how much money and secondly, I know what I do when I get cash as a present.
I just put it in my purse and end up spending it at the grocery store or the parking garage.  True--maybe they could use it to buy gas for the car.  I don't want to do that any more.

I have a couple wedding presents I still use and think of the people who gave them every single time I use them. 

But I don't know the tastes of this couple well enough--I called her mom and found out they love to go to the local park for picnics with a basket of wine and cheese.

Problem solved!  I found a great wine basket at Baskets by Rita and called to ask if they'd help me personalize a couple items.  They were so nice and helpful.  No, I talked to the real person, not somebody in a foreign country, who was going to put the basket together for me.  The baskets are not mass produced and sitting on a shelf.  They make them individually after they get the order. 
The wedding invitation was covered with sunflowers and the wedding was at a site with a sunflower background.  I requested the basket contents and ribbon include  the bright sunflower yellow color.  I had it delivered to my house and I was so excited!  It was cool--when we arrived at the wedding, there were only plain cards on the gift table--the  made a huge impression did I ever get a huge bling for my money.  It definitely made an impression.  From now on, I'm walking into birthday parties, anniversaries, etc. with a basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment