Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Little Support To Grow By

It's an fascinating feeling when for the first time in your life, you know what it's like to be poor and cheap. I've become totally used to this lifestyle over the past three years and although it's not convenient, I've learned some useful lessons from it. I've learned what it feels like to live with barely enough money. I've learned what it's like to not be able to manage the most basic things such as groceries, gas, a cup of coffee in the morning, or even a bus ride. I've learned to take charity from others with the hope that one day I can pay them back or pay it forward. I've learned how to stretch a dollar as far as it can possibly go. And last but not least, I've learned how fabulous it feels to receive a Bath Gift Basket package, no matter what's inside it, from people who cares about you. A bath gifts baskets for a woman filled with high quality bath gel, body scrub, lotion and more. Perfect gift for a woman. Pamper her gifts for a her birthday. Bath basket with high quality soap, lotions, candles in our bath gift bath basket, gift basket for a woman, soap basket As you may have already guessed, I am a college student. Although we students have a reputation for partying, most of my friends and I work hard to play hard. We go to school full time, work one to two jobs, and try to earn enough money to pay the bills and still go out and forget some of the pressure of our day to day lives. I remember when I first moved away from home, my mom took me clothes shopping and I told her that would be the last time she would ever need to buy me clothes. I was certain that I would become thoroughly independent over night and somehow work hard enough to maintain the same level of affluence that I had become used to. My mom recognized how wrong I was, but I didn't come to realize the truth until eight months later. bath gift basketMy mom phoned me up and asked me if she could take me out shopping. I hadn't asked her for any support, but somehow, as is general with mothers, she just knew. I concluded that no matter how desperately I wanted to be self-sufficient, I could not turn down her offer, so I thanked her profusely and we went shopping a few days later. When I moved away to Rhode Island a year ago, I was definitely completely on my own for the very first time. I was somewhat scared, I missed my friends and family, and I was working every single day but still living from pay check to pay check. One day a gift box arrived from. It was stuffed full of baked goods, fruit and nut bars, assorted nuts, coffee, chocolate, and all sorts of other snacks. The gift was from my mom and dad to say they loved me and missed me. The surprise of getting something from my family put a smile on my face that lasted during the entire day. It's amazing what a modest but thoughtful gesture can do to pick you up when you're having difficulties to get by. http://www.basketsbyrita.com http://www.basketsbyrita.com/Bath-Gift-Basket_p_89.html

No comments:

Post a Comment